Do I have to give my ex-spouse visitation rights?

Yes, generally, unless you can establish to the court’s satisfaction that your ex-spouse may flee with or harm the children. It is the public policy of Texas to assure that children have frequent and continuing contact with parents who have shown the ability to act in the best interest of the child, to provide a safe, stable, and nonviolent environment for the child, and to encourage parents to share in the rights and duties of raising their children after the parents have separated or divorced. Texas has a Standard Possession Order which is presumed to be in the best interested of the child, although parents can agree to deviated from that visitation plan. Contact the Law Office of Melissa A. Cook, PLLC, to get more information on the best solution for you and your children.

Comment on this FAQ

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *